Frappe is a highly loved beverage among coffee lovers, sweet and with a creamy texture, accidentally discovered by the Greeks in 1957.
The multitude of recipes we find clearly shows that the frappe is more of a drink that adapts depending on the consumer.
Frappes are found in many contexts as a coffee-based drink, although there are many variations that don’t contain coffee at all.
This is due more to the fact that this drink is not generally consumed by the biggest coffee enthusiasts, but rather by fans of creamy textures, whipped cream, and sweet syrups.
How to make a frappe?
You can always be creative in making a frappe by combining an infinite number of coffee variations with milk and syrups.
To get a good, sweet, and creamy frappe at home, you need one of the following tools.
- Jar with a lid
- Frappe machine
With any of the above options, you can get a delicious frappe, so choose the container that’s convenient for you and add the following ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee or 5-6 cubes of ice cubes from your favorite coffee or
- a double cold espresso.
- 200 ml milk or 200 ml half & half
- 25 ml of sugar syrup
All ingredients are vigorously homogenized until a dense cream forms and are poured into a glass and served with either whipped cream, your favorite syrup, or both.
Frappe preparation Tips & Tricks
- Espresso dilutes the milk cream, so it can be replaced with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a thicker texture and a sweeter taste.
- Always use cold espresso for best results.
- Use half & half for the densest cream.
- Get ice cubes from cold brew for a less accentuated coffee taste
more coffee tips
Life is too short to drink bad coffee